April 14th, 2014
Information about Grade 7 & 8 Summer School and the Grade 8 Reach Ahead programs have gone home today. Students who received this information were recommended by Guidance, Special Education and classroom teachers as being suitable candidates for these opportunities.
Registration forms are included in the letters sent home, and must be returned by Fri. April 25th. Please contact Mrs. Moore, the main office, or your child’s teachers if you have any questions. Extra registration forms are available at the main office as of next week.
- for students in grade 7 or 8
- available for literacy (Language) or numeracy (math)
- Note: you can only enroll in one subject area
- Half-days from July 7 – July 25 (8:15 – 12:30)
- At Bluevale C.I. (transportation provided)
- For those students who are achieving level 1 or low level 2 in Language and/or math
- For students who require consolidation of grade level concepts in math or Language
- For students in grade 8 only
- Students earn a high school credit after successful completion of the program (GLS 1OI)
- for students taking mainly applied level courses in grade 9 and who want (need) to learn the strategies necessary to succeed in high school
- Especially for those students who may struggle with the transition to high school
- Full days from July 2 – July 25 (8:30 – 3:00)
- At Cameron Heights C.I. (transportation MAY be provided)