April 14th, 2014
“WE CREATE CHANGE”
Did you know that in sub-Saharan Africa,
- around 45.5 MILLION primary-age children are not in school!
- about 50% of women in Africa are illiterate!…?
We want to change these statistics!
The goal of our campaign is to raise funds to help build a school in Africa. Brick-by-brick, we are hoping to raise at least $1000 towards the $10,000 cost of building a school in Africa. There are 3 ways you can help us (the details of which also was sent home in a letter with each student today):
1. Bring in your loose change / extra change to your HOMEROOM classroom. Each class has been given a “school house bank” to collect this change. The class that collects the most money by May 16th will win a class prize. School house banks can also be found in the main office.
2. Help our campaign by “buying a brick”. For $20 each, you can buy a brick for our school. Your name will be posted on the wall in our front foyer on a symbolic brick.
3. Buy a “ABC Rafiki Friend” necklace for $10 each. These beaded necklaces are handmade by women in Kenya, and each necklace purchases school supplies for one child for a year.
We will also be running various fundraising activities and events over the next couple of months, such as a bake sale, intramural activities, classroom challenges, etc. Please stay tuned to Facebook, our website and announcements for details about these upcoming events.
THANK YOU in advance for your support of this wonderful campaign.
from the SOCIAL JUSTICE GROUP