December 13th, 2013
|All Week: Find the designated snowman hidden in the school and receive a treat. A picture of the snowman will be displayed in the front foyer so students will know what to look for each day during this week.|
Monday, Dec. 16
Tuesday, Dec. 17
Wednesday, Dec. 18
Thursday, Dec. 19
MONDAY, DECEMBER 16th:
- Come to the library at 1st NB and watch a classic holiday movie! Admission is a minimum $0.25 donation to the Gift a Smile campaign, or a donation for the Food Bank.
- Wear your PJs today!!
- Will take place during 2nd NB. We will need 6 students from each class (preferably 3 girls; 3 boys). The students will come down to the gym and go to a designated table. At each table there will be glasses, paper towel and eggnog. The AC in charge of that table will look after the filling the glasses with the eggnog. The 6 students will stand around the table and will be in an order for chugging their eggnog.
- The OBJECTIVE is to have all six students chug their eggnog in the fastest time following the proper process. First person will chug the egg nog and when completed will turn the cup upside down on the paper towel. As soon as the student beside them has completed their eggnog and the cup is upside down on the paper towel, then the next person will begin to chug their eggnog. Repeat this process until all six students have chugged their egg nog. If there is a lot of spillage, a time penalty will be added to the overall team time.
- The top two times from each grade will then go to the FINALS and repeat this process for an overall grade 7 and grade 8 winner.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17th:
- Tacky Christmas sweater and/or red and green day. Students have a choice to wear their tacky Christmas sweater or red and green on this day to participate.
Christmas Card Blow (2nd NB in the Gym)
- Each class will need to have 4 student representatives. Each student will have one minute to blow at a Christmas card from an upright position to get it to hang off the edge of the table so it is balanced and remains half on the table. If during the course of the minute the card falls off the table, the student may pick the card up and set it upright and start again.
- The top two teams for each grade will go to the FINALS and repeat the activity and then a grade 7 and 8 winner will be determined.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 18th
- The Social Justice Group will be running a bake sale and cake raffle during 1st NB. Tickets for the cake raffle are $0.50 each or 3 / $1.00.
Talent Show / Recognition Assembly
- during periods 5 & 6 in the gym
Band Performance @ Huron Heights
- Come out and see our band perform at Huron Heights at 7:00 p.m.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 19th
- Come to the library at 1st NB and watch a new holiday movie! Admission is a minimum $0.25 donation to the Gift a Smile campaign or a donation for the Food Bank
- Get into the Christmas spirit by wearing Rudolph’s red nose and/or his antlers and/or a Santa’s hat.
Snowball Bowling (2nd NB in the gym):
- Each class will need to have 4 student representatives. In one minute time, one student from each team will attempt to hit a ball into 6 bottles and knock all of the bottles down. The team of 4 will have their total number of bottles knocked down recorded. As a team, if they have the most number, then the top two teams from each grade level will advance to the FINALS and a winner for the grade 7s and a winner for the grade 8s will be determined. Sounds too easy! Come to the gym to see the Festive twist we have added.